Friday, July 28, 2006

Top Ten List




The Top Ten Things That Really Suck About Being A Transsexual:




10: It's hard finding really pretty shoes in a size 13.

9: People who knew you before transition can never forget who you used to be.

8: Sitting down talking with other women, there are things they've all been through that you have no memories of and will never be able to share with them: getting pregnant, having your first period, being a boy-crazy adolescent, and so many others.

7: Worrying that some crazy will attack you for using the "wrong" restroom.

6: You'll spend the rest of your life taking estrogen and progesterone and worrying if they'll cause breast cancer.

5: Fearing that a right-wing Christian politico will manage to make everything you've dreamt of and planned for illegal.

4: You never know if you're really "passing" in public places, or if people are just being polite.

3: You can only dance with that small fraction of men who are taller than you.

2: Not being able to say, "When I was a little girl..."

1: I'm never going to meet a guy who's going to take me home to meet his mother or his kids. It sounds silly, but it hurts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Girle said...

Regarding #8, as a lesbian, I have also never had these conversations with other women. I have felt guilty for not feeling the same as these women. Thank you for sharing your life and thoughts in your blog. I really admire your courage to embrace whom you truly are. I cannot imagine the struggle that you face daily.

8:51 PM, August 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still very new at coming to grips with being transgender and transitioning down the road but I have found the words "when I was a little girl" flow easy.
I just love your site though and the information you supply.

9:13 PM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home