Saturday, April 29, 2006

She's free








My life has woven countless threads throughout these many years,
and now as I approach the end, I look back through the tears.
I see the pattern that they make, a picture of my past,
and now I see a change in me, too late, but here at last.

It's a picture of my loneliness, all dark and shadowed hues;
the choices made, the paths I took, the loves that I would lose,
the thoughts that made me live apart, all hidden deep inside,
the person who I never knew, the self that I denied.

But in one corner I can see a warm and golden light,
The person I was meant to be is coming into sight.
She bears the scars of all those years she lived inside of me;
her face is worn, her clothes are torn, but now at last she's free.

She knows she doesn't have much time, she's waited much too long;
for her to be what she must be, she knows she must be strong.
Her life won't be an easy one; she knows how it will be,
but through travail, she will prevail, for now at least she's free.
Thank God, at last she's free.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this on Callie's and found this blog. I enjoyed the poem for its ryme, verse, & meaning. I also enjoyed it because it tells of a life renewed. I too am a transsexual woman of 57 years. I started my journey one year ago (on May 3 2005). I know your poem is true for many. Thank You for such a nice verse! Cheryl Lynne-
cheryl.lynne@yahoo.com or Calpernia's web &
RIPSFXDX@ATT.NET

5:27 AM, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home